Thursday, June 5, 2008

Attention-seeking gestures

I'm babysitting little S for a friend who is deployed. Clearly, Kitty could do without the new pooch, but who can resist such a little bundle of affection?

We live at the dog park. Look us up there. If you are a beagle, please be sure you are wearing your tags because people tend to walk out with the wrong beagle sometimes! Last week I was busy chatting with a little cocker spaniel's owner when all of a sudden, I had that SINKING feeling. I looked around and did not see S anywhere. I started to walk aimlessly, thinking there must be some mistake. One of these little dogs must be S! Then a lady came running down the hill with a little dog in the lead whose ears were flopping impossibly in front of her eyes. She had S. She was so upset. I felt better once little S was secure on my leash and walking back to the car.

No comments: