Saturday, September 8, 2007

Murphy Bed, Wall Bed for office / guest / sewing rm

First thing's first. I received a quote from the Murphy Bed Company. Very pricey for what I wanted, which was a wall unit with book shelves and just a couple of little drawers. I guess when your NAME is Murphy bed, you can do that. But it did cause me to consider doing a bit more research. Not saying the pricing is BAD, because it isn't that bad. I guess.

FlyingBeds.com has some wonderful options and from the website, a bigger selection. I'm considering the SmartBeds because I want to use a spare bedroom for additional things besides being a guest room. I have not been able to tell which beds are absolutely *not* standard mattress sized though. Looks like some of the mattresses pictured are too thin. They have a link to the Twirly Bed, which is definitely something I'd like to have. But dang, the prices!

I checked out the specials page of Wilding Wall Beds. Eh. Nice beds but can't they do any better when the stuff is damaged? Sheesh! I have to admit that these prices are generally better than the rest from what I've seen so far. And it isn't much.

I can only find one place in AZ that claims to have them. Classy Closets in Scottsdale or Chandler. No price lists.

I'll add to this post as time goes on because I want to keep the info organized!

No comments: