Tuesday, March 27, 2007

6/23/03- anniversary recap

Well, things are alright over here. My mom has been having heart problems, and I was in AZ for a long time. These last couple weeks have been pretty weird. My aunt (mom's sis) died, and my mom went to UT for her funeral, but in the process, my mom had another heart attack. We have had so many financial issues lately, with my sister's problems and other family needing things from us, I simply did not have the money to be there. My mom did have surgery in UT, and was able to attend the funeral.

She is home in AZ now, recovering.

Meanwhile, our ONE YEAR ANNIVERSARY came and went!!! How cool is that?! Here was my spread:

I ordered these for our wedding as well. It is from an old MS Entertaining book. It is very easy to prepare. Take cream cheese and a little bit of Roquefort and a little bit of whipping cream and beat it with the old Kitchen Aid. Roll DRY seedless grapes in the mixture. Then roll it all in toasted, chopped pistachio nuts. YUM.



and we also toasted with some St. Francis 1997 Reserve Merlot that we had saved for the occasion. I did get a wonderful gift from M, but I don't feel right posting what it was.



I have been taking summer classes this year. I am going to take my last final on Friday. After that, I will have two free months. Only four more months til I finally graduate! I'm pretty excited about that. I had a job offer a couple months ago (in Arizona) already, but I turned it down because I need more time to figure out what I want to do with the rest of my life. WOW, things change quickly. Just one year ago, I was worrying about FMIL/MIL and petty little wedding crap. sigh.






I made eggplant parmesan (one of the menu choices at our reception)... I did something different. I skinned the eggplant, cut them into little circles with cookie cutters, and then made them- fried, then baked in muffin pans. It was awesome! Next time I have a get-together, I will use them as a topping for bruschetta. I layered in the muffin tins as follows: eggplant, parmesan, marinara, mozzerella....

... then I had some endive with herb cheeses



here we are toasting


oh! here is a shot of my grape-thingies...

No comments: