Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Thanksgiving '03 recap

I hope that you all had a beautiful, safe Thanksgiving. :)

We had a nice, quiet day. It should be a crime for women like me to get such joy out of doing all of that WORK! Without fail, every relative who called had the same things going on, according to their sex; men were either on the couch or picking at food, and women were working. Well, good thing some of us like the work!

Hits:
Artichoke Soup.... AMAZING!!!
Horseradish Cream Cheese.... Good!
Saffron Rice.... BAR-NONE the best recipe for rice that I have
Cardamom Carrots... Very good; would have been enjoyed more if we didn't have so much of everything else. Shaggy liked them the best, though!
Apple Butter Pumpkin Pie... It's a rare pie that STILL turns out, even when the chef puts too much milk in it! YUMMY!

Misses

Cheese Biscuits... Still don't know what I did wrong, there. I made the Onion Mini Quiches to make up for it.
Stuffed Acorn Squash... At the last minute, we decided not to bother!

We had a wonderful meal, gave Shaggy a special little T-day surprise, and a friend who was in town for the weekend stopped by. We played Scrabble and a little pitch. We got up early this morning and went to Stokholm Inn for breakfast.

I am so thankful this year! My very First Married Thanksgiving! And M indulged me by taking pictures for me of my First Married Thanksgiving fare, and I'm so grateful that he didn't tell me what he REALLY thinks about my craziness. :)



Shaggy was crazy too! He obviously expected SOMETHING..



OK! That was my FMT.... I hope to read all about your Thanksgivings!

No comments: